A week later (when the last bits of the St. Patty's Day ice cream were scooped), it was "matter-o'factly" suggested that we needed to make some ourselves. And so I did, with a little bit of boyish help. And with FRESH MINT from the garden.
I don't know what the Good Doctor did, but here's my recipe :
- Use 1 tsp mint extract or chop up 6 leaves.
- Warm up 2 cups of whipping cream with leaves or extract (10 minutes, medium, do not boil)
- (strain leaves) mix with 1c. milk and 1c. sugar
- stir in 2 tsps. lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
- pour mixture into Ice Cream Machine
- chop up chocolate chips
- After 15 minutes in the Machine, add chopped chips
- Takes one full hour, or until the machine stops
First Scoop went to the Seven Year old Apprentice, who could barely contain his excitement.
Thankfully, I too, got a cheer! "NOW, THIS is the best ice cream yet!, when can we make some MORE!"
:: Insight Rustic Benches Studio