Thursday, June 21, 2012

If it's gonna be this HOT, I'm just gonna DRINK more!

No doubt this soaring heat has reminded you to up your liquid intake.  It sure has me reaching for more frosty beverages than usual (you know what I mean - but, I'm gonna talk about water today!).... A few weeks ago, before this sticky heatwave, I was looking for something that would help me drink more water, something habit forming.  I think I was really looking for another health reminder by researching the benefits of water, blah, blah, blah...we all know the drill...drink lots of it.  But, as much as my intentions are good, I have a hard time remembering amongst the list of things I have to do each day.  So, somewhere in my internet cruising, I tripped over someone's blog post (A Peek inside the fishbowl), who was attempting to "trim" herself of her jiggle.  Well, I've got jiggle like any healthy person, but I'm not overly concerned about it .. I did however, enjoy her idea #1 (she says she got it from Chatelaine Magazine) of sugar-free flavoured water recipes.  It piqued my interest because, sometimes that's why I don't remember to drink water...it's not very INTERESTING after the first 8 oz.  

She doesn't know this, but I've named it Jiggle Juice!


  Use 2L water and...
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
  • 1 lemon, sliced thin, peeled
  • fresh mint and basil (from my jardin!), chopped, as much as you desire!
  • Mix and Let it sit in your fridge overnight
How refreshing for a change, I'm sure I drank the whole jug by myself!  Then made more the next day.  And the next day.  Even the seven year old apprentice asks for seconds!

A Drink and A Snack, bottled into one. And, another way to use my "crazy growing" mint and basil plants than the usual ice cream, tea, pesto and pasta.

Salut!
Insight :: Rustic Benches Studio

1 comment:

  1. This is a genius idea. I love water infused with delicious things. Try a lemon lavendar. It is one of my favorite combinations.

    ReplyDelete